SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

Can we play, 'Design on a Dime?'

kmgard
15 years ago

Hi! I've posted here a couple times, but mostly I just lurk every so often to get inspiration and motivation to finally get started on our kitchen. So far I've gotten some fantastic ideas and advice, but there has been one major drawback to hanging around this forum-- I keep wanting what I can't afford!

I have comletely fallen in love with stiles' kitchen. If I had a beautiful craftsman home and all the money in the world to remodel, I would do a kitchen just like hers. I was all set to order cabs from MKFUSA online and we were going to have a cut-and-dry DIY project-- new inexpensive cabinets, new (but much nicer) laminate countertops, and new appliances. We were going to have recessed lighting installed as well. We only have 8' ceilings. We were also going to put in hardwood floors to carry in to the living room.

Here is a picture of stiles' kitchen:

But now I can't stop thinking about Stiles' kitchen! I'm wondering if there is a way I can get a similar look, but without the high-end price tag. What better place to come than here, where most of the savviest self-made kitchen designers/shoppers reside on the web? So tell me please--

-Are there any affordable countertops out there that replicate the look of lava stone?

-Deals on pretty bronze cabinet pulls?

-Amber pendant lights that don't cost $200 a pop?

You can see where I'm going with this.... Maybe it's simply impossible to get this look for my budget (which is only around 15K, by the way), and if so, then that's what I need to hear. I don't need my dream kitchen in this house-- we're military and won't be here forever. Plus our home will never be worth enough to put 50K into the kitchen. I'm also attaching a link to my post on here awhile back-- it gives my current kitchen layout, my new proposed kitchen layout, and some pictures of my white-on-white-on-white kitchen as it is today. Oh, and we've already scraped the popcorn finish off the ceilings.

It may be that all I need here is to be brought back down to earth. And that's fine. But if there's a way to get a similar look (without appearing cheap/cheesy), let me hear it! Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My original post with pictures

Comments (23)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor