SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doggonegardener

Show me the red and green...

doggonegardener
13 years ago

Hey Folks,

I thought I had this backsplash thing all figured out. I posted a while back with a sample of a subway/glass mix that I was going to use. Most folks liked it, a few, respectfully had some reservations. I appreciated all the input. I have, however, hit a snag. I had put it together thinking it would go with my counters because my counters were black and black is a neutral and everything goes with black. Then, the other day I thought to lay it out and look at it with the countertop and ewwwwww. I hated it together. There were some brown and pink tones and then a dark rhubarby color. The brown and pink just weren't cutting it with the black counter. So, back to the drawing board.

We have a house with a lot of bold colors. Our bedroom is upstairs and it's painted a dark, red. The stairs come down into the kitchen and the tread faces are painted this same red so I was wanting to incorporate some red, probably in my fridge surround. I have a deep navy blue dining room on the other side of the kitchen. The living room is the color of a bit of honey candy bar. Each room is a different color with a creamy wainscoting and trim to unify all.

Long story short, I'd love to do ocher and red or sage and red and wondered if anyone had any lovely examples of kitchens that work with these types of combos. Might even consider a mushroom and red option.

I have ordered some new backsplash tile samples which are coming in daily. I am currently looking at white subways with a horizontal band of maybe this....

https://www.tilestoreonline.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=19-LG49-RL

It has the same brown and pink bits in the stone but with the dark gray glass tiles it actually work with the black in the countertop.

Help?

Comments (8)