FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
fromflorida_gw

Advice please: One pull or two on 36-inch drawers?

fromflorida
14 years ago

First, I can't say how happy I am to be at this stage of my kitchen renovation that I'm fretting over hardware choices. The kind people on this site have helped me decide everything from cabinet style to granite color and I am so happy to have those choices behind me. (I know this is supposed to be fun -- but it is nerve-wracking!)

SO -- my cabinets are currently being installed and I'm very happy with them so far. They are raised panel maple with a warm brownish-reddish stain and a darker glaze applied only on the details.

I have 36-inch drawers around my cooktop and I selected 12-inch Top Knob Normandy drop-handle pulls in patine black (to go with the darker glaze) for these drawers. Now I'm wondering if it may look too flimsly to have only one long, fairly skinny drop-handle pull for each of these drawers. The other drawers have 7-inch Normandy bail pulls.

I'm wondering: Should I have two 7-inch drop handle pulls for the 36-inch drawers instead of one? I already ordered them through my kitchen company, but they're used to me so perhaps I could change my order. The raised panel part of the 36-inch drawers is 30 inches.

Here's the website for the pulls.

http://www.myknobs.com/topknobnorco4.html

You will see both the 12-inch and 7-inch pulls there.

If anyone has photos of drawers with drop handle pulls, I'd really appreciate seeing them!

Thanks so much!

Comments (12)