SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Another white cab/gray counter post

Bunny
12 years ago

I've scoured many white cabinet + gray counter threads, and they've been very helpful. My countertop will be Caesarstone Smoky Ash, which the company calls a bold black but which I call a warm dark gray. There's a bit of brown, but it reads dark gray to me. I have a small kitchen with plenty of upper cabs and lots of natural light (east-facing window). I get direct sun in the morning and reflected light off neighboring buildings until the sun sets.

I was planning to paint the cabs Kelly Moore Swiss Coffee, which is the trim/doors in the rest of my house. I don't hear much about KM on this board since it seems to just be sold in the far western states and Texas. I've gotten some Benjamin Moore samples and painted boards:

Simply White

White Dove

Cloud White

Marscapone

White Dove does seem to have a bit of a gray undertone (as does my Swiss Coffee). What really has thrown me is Simply White, which I like. It's the lightest on the strip that has Camouflage, a soft sage that I have in my bedroom. Does anyone else see green undertones in it, because I don't.

My floors are red oak and have plenty of yellow/gold in them, if that's a factor.

I think my final choice will be one of the above. I welcome your input/opinions.

Comments (22)