SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

O/T and S/O Identity Theft must read

loves2cook4six
16 years ago

Teedup1 had her wallet stolen out of her purse. I feel this information is too important to get lost in another thread so I am reposting my reply to her here:

RUN, don't walk, to the trinity of credit bureaus and make sure you have a fraud alert attached to ALL your accounts. Anyone can do this and every one should! That way if anyone tries to open an account in your name, you will need to be contacted at your HOME number to insure it is you trying to open the account.

This saved us from identity theft and hopefully others here will benefit from it too.

Yes, it does make it a little harder and more inconvenient for you too if you need credit for anything from department store credit cards to a home mortgage and anything in be tween but at least you have the peace of mind of knowing where your credit is going.

And finally, make sure you have fraud alerts on all your children too. This is the fastest growing form of identity theft. A thief will take your child's ss # and ruin their credit before they are old enough to even walk and no one is the wiser till they apply for a college loan.

BE PROACTIVE!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional