SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
function_first

good reasons for doing a 'something's got to give' (sgtg) kitch

function_first
12 years ago

Good reasons to go ahead and go with the SGTG-style (aka Peacock) kitchen (or to feel good if you already went with it):

1. It appeals to a large percentage of the population.

2. It may be overdone on this board, and maybe you won't be the _only_ one just-going-up-affluent subdivisions in Urban Sprawl, U.S.A., but in the rest of the U.S. (where all new kitchens are rare, and never done en mass in a single year) it is seldom if ever encountered and will be seen as unique as it'll be the only one around.

3. It looks really good in a wide range of home styles/periods.

4. The neutral elements will age gracefully- want proof? The movie came out in 2003, which means the set design is already 10 years old. TEN YEARS old and people are still going gaga over it.

5. It's easy to copy successfully (i.e. inspiration picture = finished product).

6. Color is used on walls, accessories and is changed effortlessly and inexpensively, allowing the kitchen to continuously updated to match your current tastes. In other words, it allows you to date your colors instead of marrying them -- you can "hook up" by just using flowers (as seen in the pic below) if you want, or "go steady" by using paint for your color -- suit yourself.

7. It's beautiful. It really is -- and this is from someone who didn't do it.

8. It makes Marcolo cranky. And when he/she is cranky, he/she writes more, which is great -- I love his/her posts. By the way, anyone know whether Marcolo is a man or a woman? My apologies for not knowing....

Comments (57)