SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcward89

Window over countertop

dcward89
10 years ago

By way of background, this is my first post here but I have spent many hours reading this forum and have garnered very valuable information from everyone here. We recently started our first major kitchen remodel which involves a complete gut job down to the studs, removing some walls completely, moving the range to a different wall and possibly moving the sink and dishwasher to the other side of the room. My husband and I are doing all the demo and all the labor except for electrical and the granite fabrication will be done by us along with my husband's brother.

We have gone through several different versions of a layout, tweaking it and improving it a couple times. I haven't figured out how to post pics here yet but when I do I will post the layout and get your feedback.

In the meantime, I have a general question. We are removing two walls from our current kitchen layout and it will be open to the living room and dining room. Our sink is currently under a window overlooking the backyard. I am considering moving the sink and dishwasher to the other side of the kitchen where it will be overlooking the living room. That will leave just lower cabinets and countertop under the big window. Does anyone find this detail odd that the only window in the room will not be located above the sink?

Before I give more details and make this post even longer, I would appreciate your opinions of this possible sink placement.

Comments (21)