SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

Sun Room Shelf - need creative help!

a2gemini
11 years ago

Our kitchen is basically done (except fixing the stupid drawer adjusting the hanging lamp - aka chandelier - but just doesn't say chandelier)

As part of the reno - we stole 9 inches of the sun room to expand the cabinets so I could have my 36 inch cooktop.

The sun room is a cathedral ceiling and the kitchen is an 8 foot ceiling.

GC recommended building a shelf instead of closing it in - said it would make the room more "open" feeling.

The shelf is done - and he is right - the room would have looked smaller if it was a solid wall.

So...I have this 11 foot wide, 9 inch deep shelf. The wall peaks with the cathedral ceiling. I need to figure out what to do with it. It has LED tape lights near the front of the shelf, so lose about 1-2 front inches. We tried the lights front and rear - and definitely front.

I found this copper "washtub" at Williams Sonoma - it was pricey - but when I turn on the lights it just glows and looks brilliant (OK - I know copper will turn and might need to do some "contact sports" with it episodically)

Wall color is BM Coastal path

Trim color is Brookhaven Autumn Cherry with black glaze

What do you think? Also - what should I put in it?

Other ideas?

If you like the tub - I might try to find a cheaper version but am also open to other ideas.

Here are some pictures.

View with partial kitchen and shelf

{{!gwi}}

View from sunroom - shelf not in picture but would be closest to the sun room

Sun room - the table in the front lifts up to become table height

Comments (14)