SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

How about a new thread on 'first meal'? I'm there!

breezygirl
12 years ago

Seeing Aliris post on her first "finished kitchen" meal made me think about all the "what did you cook first in your new kitchen" types of threads I've read with green gills over the past two years.

I'm finally there!!! We move in tomorrow!

My first meal won't be fancy as my gas rangetop isn't hooked up yet, pending some marble fixes. I'm hoping the fabricator can fix the issues on Tuesday so the gas guys can come Wednesday. I do have one small portable induction burner DH brought home from work. I really tried hard to get a big pot of soup made today for eating in the next couple of days. Packing and dealing with a poor little 2-year old's rising anxiety with all the moving activity made that impossible. Oh well.

Plus, my sink and DW aren't hooked up yet either. I'm hoping with crossed fingers that my new plumber shows up Monday morning as promised to correct that.

Maybe canned soup and some homemade rosemary biscuits from the freezer will be first up tomorrow night. My ovens are hooked up at least! Or....maybe I'll tire out and order pizza. ;) I would, after all, like the beds to be set up by bedtime.

What is/was/will be your first new kitchen meal?

Comments (22)