SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Distance from wall of over sink pendant lights?

artemis78
13 years ago

I had the electrician install our pendants 12" out from the wall, thinking this would roughly center them over the 25.5" counters, set just a bit back to be out of the way of any tall people. However, now that I look at the roughed-in wires---this looks *really* close to the wall. Did I screw this up, and should I try to move them another inch or two out from the wall, or is this distance going to work once everything is put together?

The pendants are supposed to be task lighting over the sink counter, so there's one in front of each window and the sink is centered under the two windows. We're hanging them at about 44" off the counter, so they're pretty high. We don't have the fixtures yet so I could only guess at where they would hang using another pendant, which is 6" longer than the sink pendants will be and doesn't have its shade yet anyway---so this is super rough approximating. Unfortunately, I have to decide before we have either the lights or the counter, though, since the plaster people start later this week and are patching and leveling the ceiling, so DH will kill me if we make any more holes in it after that.

Anyone have pendants like this and know how far they are from your wall/windows? Does it work? Am I just panicking needlessly? :)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations