SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angel9894_gw

What to do with this small Galley Kitchen?

angel9894
12 years ago

I recently got back possession of my family's 2 bed/2.5 bath condo in NYC from our 13 year tenant. My dad made an arrangement with her years ago allowing her to update the kitchen for a reduction in rent. He had a heart attack shortly after and never followed up on the changes she made, so once we got the apartment back, we were extremely surprised with her "updates". She said she would be putting somewhere bt 30-50k into the kitchen but instead, I'm virtually positive she put around 15k max into it. I pretty much loathe everything about it, but because I put in new wood flooring throughout (ouch $$$$) and am re-doing the bathrooms, I can't justify ripping out the kitchen altogether since the cabinets are in virtually new condition.

Please take a look and tell me what you would do to improve/update the look of the kitchen. It's in Manhattan (in a highrise Condo). I've had the sink removed and will be installing a new undermount with a Kohler Simplice faucet. The space allows only for a Fisher and Paykal Fridge, so I'm going to change the fridge out for one of those. But what counters to replace the hideous Formica? I am leaning toward a white granite like Colonial Creme or River White. What flooring to replace the tacky vinyl? I wish the cabinets were either lighter or darker.... grrrrrrr help!

https://picasaweb.google.com/angel9894/Kitchen

Thanks ladies!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
WM Design Studio, LLC.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudoun County's Skilled Residential Architect | 4X Best of Houzz!