SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fabfivefigs

Help me pick!: Midcontinent vs. Schrock kitchen cabinets?

fabfivefigs
9 years ago

I have to order cabinets in the next few days!! Have narrowed quotes down to Schrock and Midcontinent cabinets.

Schrock-
-Great local family business with amazing customer service, friendly, easy to deal with, great reviews. (I kind of want to buy from them just because I liked them...)
-Better construction quality and finishes than Midcontinent? (per the dealer)
-One style is the lowest quote we have, but is partial overlay (which has grown on me, style-wise) but does not include plywood box construction. (How important is plywood box construction?)
-Lifetime warranty that the dealer says is the best he's ever seen in the industry.

MidContinent
-Local business, but the customer service was just OK, although he has great reviews online.
-Quote includes plywood box construction, and there are 2 styles we could consider in our price range.
-Dovetail joints don't seem as smooth as on Schrock drawers, but this probably doesn't matter day to day though...

Both are made in America. Both would probably be fine for our uses... but I am paralyzed now that I have to officially decide! Help everyone! :)

Comments (5)