SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whisper2345

cabinets deeper on one side than the other? will this look weird?

whisper2345
10 years ago

Hi!

I have been lurking for months and months, and all of a suddden the stars have aligned and we are planning a kitchen renovation to start in 6 weeks. Yes, 6 weeks. Which means we need to order appliances now. no that was not my idea. DH is impulsive! i'm rolling with it for now but plan to postpone if this gets too stressful.

We are going to get a full depth fridge with cabinets built out to the depth of the case. I went to the store planning to get the GE cafe and fell in love with a super-capacity samsung that was right beside it.

So here's the dilemma- cabinet builder was planning to build cabinets/pantry/counter out to 29" on one side of our u-shaped kitchen. If we get this fridge that I want we would have to bump it to 31". It is a whole wall with pantry, fridge, then upper and lower cabs and counter.

We'll have to give up some island space, which I'm ok with, but I'm wondering now if it will look weird? I am not motivated to load the plans right now, but it is a classic u shape. When you are looking at it, hood and range on back wall, pantry and fridge on the left wall, sink window and dishwasher on the right. there are cabs to ceiling on left and back walls. on right wall there are just lowers, no uppers.

It is not totally clear on the plans what the depth on the right side will be but it looks like 24". wah.

i just had an idea- instead of pantry, then fridge, then countertop with cabs, all at 31". we split pantry and put it on either side of fridge(all at 31"), then go back to a standard depth for the other cabinets and countertop? like a bumped out fridge/pantry area?

not sure if that would be better or worse.

help. i am prepared to choose another fridge if it just won't work.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors