SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
touro123_gw

Yorktowne Cabinet Review Corrupt Sales Practices?

touro123
12 years ago

I'm remodeling my kitchen. I am looking at cabinets. The salesman at the showroom is really pushing Yorktowne on me. I like the dealer (I have seen other kitchens he has done for friends although they are not Yorktowne) but as I have educated myself I have developed real reservations about the cabinet company. I have seen a couple of displays and samples. The quality doesn't seem to be that good. Especially the finish. The wood doesn�t seem that great either, lots of little pieces glued together that are different colors. The price seems to be really high for flake board construction with vinyl paper interiors and exposed sides (he said it was more than 14% for plywood). The salesperson gets real dodgey and evasive when I ask about other cabinet companies they sell in the showroom. Today I decided to visit another dealer. This dealer told me that Yorktowne is bad, has lots of finish problems, labor and union problems, and factory closings and on and on. No surprise there, I had already heard about this and Yorktownes reputation for poor quality online and here at garden web. So why the big push for this brand?? He told me the salesperson in the other showroom was pressuring me to buy Yorktowne because Yorktowne pays the salesperson "spiff" money under the table. He said that Yorktowne routinely paid sales people money for every cabinet they sold. He said my salesperson could not possibly be fair-minded or objective so long as he was taking money from the manufacturer. He called it "kitchen cabinet kick backs" and reassured me that neither he or his sales people were taking kick backs from the cabinet companies they sold. That would explain the salesperson at the first dealership pushing Yorktowne and not showing me better quality/value cabinets. This is a once in a lifetime purchase. I need to get fair objective unbiased advice from people who have my best interests at heart and not be steered into a company because the salesperson is getting paid a per box kick back from the manufacturer to steer people into a higher priced inferior product. If it's true then I feel like a fool for wasting my time and misplacing my trust. I want to confront the salesperson and owner and tell them why I am not buying from them. Does anyone know about this? Does Yorktowne pay kitchen designers/sales people a per cabinet box "spiff" kick back to sell their cabinets??

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996