SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Backsplash with some color? What do you think of this one?

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

So we are just waiting on our slab of butcher block and our kitchen will be done except for backsplash!!!

Those that have read my other threads know that this has been a very tough process and it feels like it is a miracle that we have come this far.

There have been a lot of threads on backsplashes that compliment the Superwhite. Beekeepers wife's arabesques are perfect and I also adore some of the Artistic Tile options, but almost certainly can't afford them.

We had been looking at cararra marble (which I now can't find) which was something along these lines:

http://www.glasstilestore.com/collection/stone-mosaics/snow-collection/asian-statuary-3-4-x-4-big-brick-pattern-marble-mosaic-tiles-asianstatuarybigbrickpattern.html

but yesterday we saw this:

I don't normally love 1 x 1s, but I love the bling of this and the greys and blues. My concern is that we have a lot of warm red wood, and I wonder if this would go.

I think it would because it's between the Superwhite and the cabinets which have a grey glaze, but I don;t want it to fight with the red Sapele Mahogany butcher block and warm floors.

Here are some kitchen pics. Wall color is Smokey Taupe - looks washed out in the pics for some reason. Butcher block is not in yet, neither is the window seat cushion and please excuse the total lack of furniture - it's all being used to stage the Philadelphia house which is for sale:

The lights - they sparkle a lot - pics don't do them any justice at all:

Here's our sample of Sapele Mahogany butcher block.

and while I'm posting pics..... here's the baby girl in her pjs : )

Comments (31)