SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melaska

My pre-final kitchen plan, back friendly, wuld luv opinions :)

melaska
13 years ago

Hi everyone :)

Warmfridge - just saw your kitchen - love it! Your post prompted me to post my plans for final opinions. We're trying to design for space saving & also back saving :)

I'm taking notes on yours...I sit here with my back brace on since I've been working in the kitchen. The counters are too low and my back goes out at any moment.

rhome has helped me tremendously and I'm really happy with what it is now. I used to have a corner sink but it just never felt 'right'.

Higher counters

I LOVE my new French-door refrigerator. It has made such a difference.

Vertical storage for baking pans, sheets, etc.

Walk-in pantry.

My kitchen is an L with an island. There's a window in the corner so it's kinda hard to really see it in these preliminary drawings.

The area behind the sink is built-in storage...to the right is built-ins on the other side of the wall in stair area.

Right of sink is a garbage pull-out then a 10" raised dishwasher with micro above & cabs above & drawers below. Right of that is wall oven with cabs & drawers below.

Window in the corner.

The pantry will be semi-cold since there will be no source for heat but there will be enough so the freezers will be ok.

North wall

East wall

There's an attached greenhouse & deck to the south and a huge wall of windows. (at bottom of drawing).

Anything I'm missing? Thanks! :)

Comments (35)