SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Marble Companion Countertop in Off-White Kitchen?

2LittleFishies
12 years ago

This is my first post after much reading on this wonderful forum!

We are doing a kitchen reno and my inspiration kitchen has ivory/off-white cabinetry with a brown glaze. The island is black with sand thru and a glaze. All countertops are marble that have some gold/brown in them.

Loving the marble look & have read/heard all the warnings. Still want to do it because so far nothing else is doing it for me! I don't want anything too busy and the quartz products although nice are not making me smile.

Anyway, I'm planning to do the marble on the island and something else on the perimeter (or vice versa?). (Although I love the look of the marble on the blackish island)... Any suggestions of a companion granite or other OTHER than black? I've considered soapstone or a black granite but am not sold on the black perimeter with the off-white cabinets. I mean, I've seen it before but I think it may be too much to have two different cabinet colors and two different counter colors... It may ruin the look I love in my inspiration photos.

Is there something light that would work with the marble. I'm looking at Vermont Imperial Danby marble which has soft gray & gold veining. Would a granite work? Or maybe a quartz product?

I'm tempted to do ALL marble but am nervous and think it's a good idea to have some surface I don't have to worry about so much when using more acidic foods, etc...

Here is a link that might be useful: INSPIRATION PHOTOS

Comments (20)