SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doc5md

Kitchen Design Help Please... second try....

doc5md
9 years ago

Hi everyone. I posted a couple weeks ago about the kitchen design in a whole house I'm working on.
After taking in the comments, I've made some adjustments and I thought I'd see what the group thinks of the current plan. I find it to be MUCH better now.
I put the prep sink in the island along with trash. I moved the cooktop to the east wall and the large sink to the north wall. This allowed the more windows on the north wall (previously I had them split up and now I have three grouped together with an arched window above them. I also made the island countertop arc more to try and get further from a straight line of seating.
Feel free to comment on any aspect of the plan you see problems with.
I do have the following few questions:
1) Swap the fridge and the wall ovens? I can recess the fridge on either wall.
2) I had though a small refreshment area would be handy on that south wall towards the family room but with fridge on that wall, maybe all tall cabs are fine?
3) Do I need to do something different with the ovens and the fridge aisle way? I worry coming out of the pantry (the opening on the south wall) will feel odd going through there. Current it is 4 feet from the corner of fridge to corner of ovens.
Thanks everyone!!!
Quinn

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous Thread:

Comments (13)