SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athensmomof3_gw

Has anyone used Cambria Torquay - thoughts? It is bulletproof!

athensmomof3
12 years ago

We are in the process of building and doing a white/cream kitchen with a walnut island. We were thinking marble (honed, calcutta gold or something not gray but white) on the perimeter (l shaped kitchen). I love honed marble, but I have a large sample of the Cambria Torquay and it looks excellent - particularly since the only ones who will see it close up will be close friends/family since it will be perimeter only. It is also bulletproof - red wine sat for 24 hours as did lemon juice and wiped up easily. I was re-seasoning my grandmother's corn stick pan tonight and took it out of the oven at 450 degrees and sat in on there for 5 minutes and no burns/cracks, etc.

I am wondering if anyone has used it and how it looks in a full slab form - are the veins natural looking or do they look mechanical, if that makes sense? Also, has anyone done it in honed? Frankly, the polished is not super shiny and is so bulletproof that I may even do that if honed is not an option, but I love a honed marble!

Comments (15)