SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovecreamywhite

MDF or Wood door?

lovecreamywhite
13 years ago

Please help, I have vision of beautiful painted cream white kitchen. I've been at this forever, we're getting cabinets from AyA, who gave us best price, we are on a budget.

They have told us that if you're getting painted cabinets MDF if best choice because with painted wood you can get paint cracking at joint lines and where the panel meets the frame. So we had picked out this Allegra painted MDF door, but now it's nagging me if its going to look ok, as the molding/router details of the door are rounded a bit. I'm going off a picture, I haven't seen it in person as they don't have one in their showroom. I'm worried of making an expensive mistake.

The picture of MDF door kitchen attached is very similar to my layout(no-can't get that picture to work) we will have dark wood island as well(with different door like in the pic as same style not available in wood). So the question is do you think this will be ok, or does it look cheap? A picture of wood door to compare (2nd kitchen) is attached, that was my first pick, but they tell me it won't stand up because of cracking issue. So torn.

Sorry can't seem to get other pictures to attach right,not computer savvy.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor