SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smilieme

Help with kitchen wall color selection

smilieme
13 years ago

After two months of planning and going back and forth with my kitchen designer, we decided on cabinet color/style and countertop - the major things. The demo day is set to be on Oct 18, but I still have to pick the backsplash and wall color. I know there will be a few weeks before backsplash installed or wall painted, but the contract states that I need to have these materials on site when the project starts otherwise a fee will be charged. I feel rushed, so here I am, looking for help/advise. The cabinet color is shown below (a photo downloaded from cabinet maker's site, and it is exact the same color/style I am getting for my kitchen):

{{!gwi}}

The countertop we decided on is Corian's witch hazel: I like the marble-like look, but don't want real marble because of the high maintainance. Our kids strongly against granite or other nature stone countertops because they get cold during winter (we have long winter).

{{!gwi}}

A kitchen with witch hazel countertop from DuPond's site:

{{!gwi}}

We haven't decided on backsplash yet, but I am leaning toward American Olean's Legacy glass 2x4 subway tile. Here is the color (willow) I am thinking about:

{{!gwi}}

I have picked a sample, and the real tile is more bright with ligher color than the one shown on screen. I don't know what wall color goes well with it. I want some color warm and also light up the kitchen a bit. Please give me suggestions.

Comments (7)