SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smilieme

Your opinons please: light fixtures and accent wall color

smilieme
13 years ago

My kitchen remodeling is well underway, and just had new cab installed last week. Now have to wait for 2 weeks for the countertop. The contractors will come in next week to finish the electrial work, the painting and the crown molding. There is one area just outside of my kitchen zone, which I didn't plan to do anything until now: there is a "free-standing" wall between my kitchen and family room. On the other side of the wall, it used to be the pantry area. The pantry was ripped off during the remodeling and was replaced by cabinet and will have countertop space for microwave. I keep this wall because I think it's a good place to show family photos, or art work, or even hand prints of my kids. Here is the photo shows the wall (the "grey" wall on the right - I can't shoot at a good angle from my family room because my family room is packed with kitchen stuffs during the remodeling. )

{{!gwi}}

Here is another picture from the kitchen showing the used-to-be pantry area:

{{!gwi}}

This wall is in the middle of the house, and doesn't get much of the nature light. And it is a high traffic area too, connected to everywhere on the first floor. I am thinking about adding lighting here, but couldn't decide which works better: a spotlight on the ceiling to lgiht up

the wall, or a wall fixture on the red "pillar" to add beauty and also provide general lighting in this area. Please tell me what you think. It also helps a lot if you recommend a lgihting fixture (pictures help even more). I have my family room painted red (like the "pillar" showing), and will re-paint my kitchen cream yellow. I want to pick up a different color for this wall that works well with red and yellow but also stand-out. Any recommendation on color? Thank you very much!

Comments (2)