SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamojean

Pantry missing - seeking suggestions

dreamojean
10 years ago

nicely.
Our options are, either 12" deep 4.5 or 5 foot built-in shelves/cabinets along the two nooks on either side of a bump-out that used to be a fireplace, on the far side of our dining room table OR 27" by 27" curved corner cabinets or tall standing unit with doors (built in or freestanding) between our kitchen and pocket doors to the living room, where we have a dead-corner space. If we do the curved (or straight at a triangle type angle) we could have another one on the other side of the pocket doors.

My designer preferred the curved unit on either side of the pocket doors; my carpenter/contractor preferred the long narrow units along the far wall.

For convenience sake, using the corner closer to the kitchen and island makes more sense to me. And as my designer pointed out, our dining room is very long and can take the corner units. But it's not that wide so with built in's along the far wall we eat into the width of the room. But we can't have doors with a lot of depth or we'll cut off flow of traffic to and from the kitchen.

Thoughts, either about a place to source corner closed-door cabinets (or a combo of closed and open shelving) or whether to spring for built-ins and if so whether to do corner or long narrow ones? I'm getting such conflicting advice. Hopefully I've included a picture with what we have now - shelving in both places, stuffed with foodstuff and utility type items, temporarily. The one in the corner is a straight unit currently at an angle to get a sense of the space.
Thanks!

Comments (10)