SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Am I being stonewalled about my cabinets?

msl511
10 years ago

I met with a designer at a kitchen design company last spring. Mostly they rep several cabinet companies and help you design the cabinet layout. They don't do everything, so this isn't the person I'm talking to regularly about things like the UCL or what color to stain the floor.

When I first spoke to her in about April, she told me lead time for Utracraft cabinets was about 6-8 weeks. When I placed the order, at the very end of June, she told me 3 months. When I asked about the discrepancy, she said summer is a really busy time for renovations and they're busier. That sounded reasonable to me. So I was expecting delivery around the first week in October.

In mid-August, I made one small change. Really, truly small. I decided I wanted room for a wider fridge than originally planned, so the cab over the fridge would have to be wider. Nothing else changed. Since then, I haven't been able to get any info out of her about roughly when my cabs will be ready. I'm not asking for an exact delivery date. I'm asking for a ball park. November? December? 2015? She says they won't give her a delivery date (not what I'm asking for) until they're ready to deliver, but as I've reiterated to her, that's not what I'm asking for.

If they have a general time to completion when the order is placed, I am having incredible trouble believing that they can't deliver the same info when a change is made, based on the time in the process the change was made and the size of the change.

I've been doing all this communicating through email, because I like having a written record of everything, but clearly I've got to get her on the phone.

What do you think? Do I just not understand the process or this the BS I think it is? Do you think I'd get anywhere calling Ultracraft directly?

Comments (10)