SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tomatofreak

Dear Kitchen Gods: Can I have my white appliances back?

tomatofreak
9 years ago

I currently have white cabinets, but I haven't always. As far back as I can remember though, I've had white appliances. The "fade to black" began when I found a black French door fridge at an incredible bargain price. I was so frustrated with the design of my white freezer-on-top model, I quickly retired it to backup fridge in the laundry room. Then came the bargain-basement priced black gas stove. I couldn't wait to put the old white stove on CL and move the diva in.

O.M.G. I doubt I ever knew just how much stuff was stuck to the white fridge and stove, but I know now!! Every - and I mean **every** - speck of dust, cat hair, spills and teeny, tiny droplets of grease splatters show up like they're under a microscope. Ignorance is bliss, I tell you. What you can't see won't hurt you. Now, I'm like a helicopter with wiper blades.

Anyone else a die-hard fan of black? White? I can't stand stainless and unless they bring back the beautiful pastel fridges and stoves of the 50's, I just want white appliances from now on.

Comments (58)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!