SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zackin

Will 2 different brands of single wall ovens look odd?

zackin
11 years ago

I posted this question on the Appliances forum and received some very welcome advice, including the suggestion that I post here regarding the design question.

I plan to use two separate single wall ovens, one on an inconspicuous wall and the other in a peninsula's base cabinet. For the peninsula, I'm thinking of an Electrolux Icon or Wave Touch. Because of the price difference, the choice depends on how much I spend on the other oven.

I would appreciate help in deciding whether the wall oven on the other side of the room (to the left of the dishwasher shown in the drawing below) needs to be the same as the peninsula oven. Would it look strange to use either an LG single wall oven or a Frigidaire Gallery in the wall spot, when the Icon or Wave Touch is in the peninsula? The purpose for having different makes is strictly to save money. Otherwise, I would be happy with 2 Icons.

I was all set to use two different ovens, then an appliance salesman convinced me that I should buy two of the same, either the Elux or the less expensive one, since two different oven styles would look odd. Now I'm rethinking whether to get 1 Elux Icon and a basic Frigidaire. I'm not sure whether the appearance would be strange, since they're pretty far apart.

Thanks again for the information and advice.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor