SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nightowlrn

long skinny kitchen possible remodel help

nightowlrn
10 years ago

Hello - Thanks to anyone in advance that has ideas. I am hoping a kitchen guru out there might have some pictures of long kitchens with a door at the end to help us envision a possible kitchen remodel.

We were thinking of building, but just toured a timber framed home we think we could live in. The issue is the current kitchen needs updating. It is 19 long x 16 wide. The basement is not finished below and a hood could go anywhere I think. Where the posts are visible cannot be changed. I hate the cooktop in the island. I don't like the frig right at the back door entrance. I would like a prep sink and a dirty sink. The are great windows we want to keep. There is a walk in pantry down the hall on the side the ovens are on, so storage isn't a problem. There is a door that leads to the back yard at the end of the picture, which we would like to keep as well. We are not opposed to just a large counter depth frig in the kitchen and putting the freezer in the pantry. Below are photos. There is a hallway parallel to the wall with the ovens that leads to a garage, and has a PR, w/d, pantry, and planning desk area.

Comments (19)