SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

OH Boy, do I need your HELP!!

Susied3
12 years ago

And, I thought the layout was hard!

All along, I've had my mind made up.... No waffling here, it's all about what I WANT. Now, I'm looking at these "wants", and thinking, will it WORK? Will it LOOK nice?

So, I'll list my quandries, and please help me see through the muck of what will and won't work.

Things, I KNOW:

Reusing cabinets, paining Navajo White, MAY, and that is a big MAY (budget will dictate) concede to getting new doors.

Alder Island, roughed up, banged up, and very old looking.

Soapstone on the perimeter, either a soapstone sink, or white apron front on the sink under the window.

French Terra Cotta Tiles, 6x10 in the kitchen proper.

The black range.

OK, so here's where it gets mucked up.... We bought Walnut a long time ago for the island top. That was a MUST. But, now, I'm thinking, will that look right? A wood stained base AND a wood top?

#2, painting the cabinets.. I was going to brush on the paint, no glaze, but now I'm seeing/hearing that glaze in the crevices are nice because they add a little depth and character. Also, spraying will last longer? Not chip? The cabinets I have now are painted white, brushed on, and I don't know what they used to paint it with, but they are definately brushed on, they have not ONE chip, a good scrubbing, and if I wanted to keep that stark white, they would be like new. But, I want a creamy white.

#3 The range hood... Wanted a copper hood, even had one designed with Lightsmiths, but budget concerns are creeping in, and I saw a range hood on Attic Mag, It's the French Gray kitchen (have lots of inspiration pics of that kitchen) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hood. I don't know how it's done, but it is the most beautiful hood I've seen. I would post a picture here, but don't want to risk infringing on maybe a copyright issue. If anyone has seen it, or could take a look and maybe tell me what they think about that style, and how to get that look? Just go to Attic Mag and search French Gray Kitchen. It may be just as expensive to go that route, but after seeing it, I can't get away from it! It may be copper itself.

OK, I'll stop here for the time being, but I also have ceiling concerns, lighting issues, and more!

Thanks so much!

Comments (11)