SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nyccarrie

contemporary framed cabinets

nyccarrie
12 years ago

I have spent months devouring information on this forum. You guys here are amazing with your incredible knowledge of everything kitchen. I utterly lack this knowledge and am renovating what was a small NYC galley kitchen. We have demolished one wall of the galley and will have a peninsula open to what will be our (small) dining/family room.

I really want to do a high-gloss white cabinet door in a generally sleek, contemporary kitchen. However, the cabinet company who will be building our cabinets only does framed cabinets. So my question is, am I crazy to be going for such a modern look with framed cabinets or can it be achieved? My fear is that we are mimicking a European style kitchen aesthetic with an American style of cabinet and that the end result will be unsuccessful. We have to go with the framed cabinets (long story but we can't change where we are having the cabinets built) but it isn't too late to change the finishes. Can we accomplish what we are going for or is it hopeless?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments (10)