SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue36_gw

My ongoing refrigerator repair saga

sue36
13 years ago

I updated my old thread, but for some reason it is not moving up. Here is a link to the old thread (it explains a lot of what happened).

Basically...

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM ABT APPLIANCES.

I just got off the phone with "Vicki" at ABT. They are now refusing to reimburse me for my KA refrigerator repair. When I purchased the fridge I was told the warranty was 4 years on top of the manufacturer's 1 year warranty (I have my handwritten note from almost 5 years ago). ABT never purchased my warranty with GE assurant and they told me they would reimburse me directly for the food loss ($200) and the repairs (about $400). They sent me the check for the food and now are refusing to pay for the repairs.

The people at ABT are either liars or very stupid, or both. I was told the warranty was 1 plus 4 several times, I was told they never purchased my warranty with GE Assurant and would reimburse me. I was sent a letter apologizing with the check. Vicki says all these things never happened (she even claimed I didn't receive a signed letter, which I did. They she claimed someone else must have signed the woman's name. Right). I guess I imagined it all.

I have recommended this company to people in the past (on here and elsewhere) but never again. Not purchasing a warranty I paid for is bad enough...but to then tell me they would reimburse me and refuse to do it? I am trying to decide if I should sue them in small claims court. Oh, Vicki told me I couldn't do that either. I guess Vicki must be obeyed.

Anyway, as you can tell I'm pretty heated about this right now. Stay away from ABT. Far, far away.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old thread re: ABT Appliances

Comments (12)