SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbnyc_gw

REPORT: Buying Sink and Faucet online

jbnyc
14 years ago

Hello Everyone,

For about a month now I have been searching this forum, talking with members and receiving great advice on buying our sink and faucet for our remodel. As a result I have made my purchase and received my goods. I wanted to share with you the experience in a hope it will help someone.

SINK: The question was no-name sink vs. brand name. After a lot of research and help of forum members we decided on an 18x18 (exterior) zero radius no-name sink. It arrived early this morning and I could not be happier. It is as good if not better than all of the name brand sinks I've seen (in person) the site I purchased it from claims that their sinks are 15 guage. I was not sure I believed it. It so happens my Father-in-Law is a mech. engineer and has some little gizmo that measures steel guage. He has confirmed that it is indeed 15 guage. All parts.

Now, onto the site. I got it from Builder Spec www.stainless-sink.com. What is important to note that I called them on Wednesday to verify that they had one in stock. They did. It shipped that day and arrived early this morning. I spoke with Rebecca and she spent time on the phone with me to answer all my questions. Very Very Pleased. Price: 269.99 no tax free shipping.

FAUCET: This was easier as we knew that we wanted the Grohe 32319e Minta Kitchen Pull Down Spray in super-steel. I searched for the best deal out there and found it at www.HOMEPERFECT.com. As with the sink, I called first to verify that they had what I wanted in stock. They did. Now, I'll stay their Customer Service was a bit shaky but I ordered it on Monday and it came Wednesday. We went with the super steel which was more expensive than the chrome. We paid $363.48 for it (no tax outside NY and free shipping) on average, most sites are selling it for $420.

I hope this helps anyone looking to either get a great sink or a good deal on a faucet. Just Remember, it is critical that you call first to verify that it is in stock.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert