SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmo_nj

I'm delurking so someone can talk me down.

cosmo_nj
15 years ago

Hello - I am not much of a poster here, but after lurking and occasionally piping up for about 5 years, I actually have questions! We are mid-remodel on our small condo kitchen (nothing too noteworthy - medium wood cabs, abs black honed counters*, greyish-green granite tile backsplash, stainless appliances).

The granite templater was here this morning and did what no one else has been able to do - convince me that abs black honed granite is a VERY BAD IDEA. As much as I prefer the honed look, this isn't our forever home, we aren't the neatest people in the world, and we have a toddler and a newborn, so I think we will just go with abs black polished. So my questions:

1. We have a silgranite sink in anthracite sitting in the kitchen right now, which I thought would look particularly nice with a honed granite. Any opinions on how this will look with a polished surface? If someone has a picture filed away somewhere, I would be quite grateful.

2. The backsplash is a polished granite tile in verde laguna from the Artistic Tile custom blends (1x1 tiles). Will a polished countertop be too much with that? I linked to a picture of the tile in the the mini-brick style.

I realize that these are questions of aesthetics and preference, not objective facts... but really, I think I just need someone to tell me that switching this up will not completely ruin my vision. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Verde Laguna granite tiles

Comments (7)