SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kharamarie_gw

Calling allison0704 and other wood countertop owners!

kharamarie
13 years ago

To allison 0704 - I have been admiring your beautiful kitchen since I began planning my kitchen reno months ago. It is such an inspiration and I never tire of looking at it!!!

I am considering reclaimed wood countertops (no room in my small kitchen for an island), but have received such mixed advice! Some say to steer clear of wood - too much maintenance, and definitely not smart around my Shaw fireclay farm sink. They say that inevitably, with time, I WILL have water damage.

I don't want a countertop that I'm afraid to use or feel like I have to constantly be wiping the water every time I use the sink and faucet. And I definitely don't want to make the investment and then regret it later!

My questions to Allison and ALL experienced wood countertop owners (especially those with undermount sinks)... What has been your experience? Is this a kitchen you really "use" and cook in a lot? How long have you had your wood top? How is it sealed? How do you maintain it and clean it? Any problems with water, especially around your sink area??? How careful are you to keep water wiped up? I apologize for the slew of questions, but I really need some help and advice from someone with real life experience!

Thanks in advance to all of you!!!

Comments (9)