SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colorlady_gw

Anyone Have a Dining Table coming off the island?

colorlady
12 years ago

My kitchen is 97% complete and I got so many great ideas from fellow posters. But I feel we missed the mark on our layout. We have a smallish island with 3 stools and then a few feet behind it a square dining table that can open up to a round that seats 8. We did away with our separate dining room which I now use as a studio. We NEVER are inclined to sit at the table. The only time we use it is when we have lots of people and open it up to accommodate them for dinner. The rest of the time it looks like a tea table floating in the middle of the room....sort of. I'm thinking I would like to get a harvest table that would come off the back of the island in a T configuration. I just tried it and it completely changes the energy in the room.I've seen rectangular tables extended off the short end of islands but this would be centered on the long side of the island. Has anyone done anything like this? Would you have pictures. Do you like the arrangement. In my case, the move would eliminate all but one seating location at the island. But honestly, I'm 66 and don't love hauling my butt up onto a stool for all my meals.

Comment (1)