SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellajourney

Range Hood Advice Needed :(

bellajourney
11 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm so sad. Our beautiful new range hood (Zephyr Breeze II Series AK1200) has to be returned. :(

DH tried to install it this weekend, and there is NO way we can fit the proper duct work (either the 6" diameter round ducts, or the rectangular one) in our stupid soffit b/c of all of the (insert explicitive) pipes already in there. So Frustrating!! Installing a ducted range hood is going to have to wait until we can afford a major remodel and reroute all of the plumbing lines - which probably won't be for at least 5 years or so. :(

DH was considering using the tin foil looking 4" diameter flexible duct pipe instead (which is what the previous homeowners were using - and what the workers at Home Depot said to use...), but after reading on here about it being a Fire Hazard and not to code, I talked him out of it.

So - we're left with looking for a recirculating range hood. :( I Know it is not ideal. But it seems to be our only choice. I heard about the Vent a Hood ARS, but it is way out of budget. We can spend about $300, max. DH's biggest concern is that he wants the vent to point up - so it does not blow in our faces, and out (not one that vents into the cabinet above it).

We have a 30" GE profile induction range. To be honest - neither DH or I can really cook - the range is most commonly used to steam up some veggies, boil pasta, and make eggs and pancakes - that sort of thing.

Any suggestions for a decent ductless range hood (stainless steel finish) are appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County