SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momofmost

Which is A Better Look: Slide-in Range or Undercab Oven?

momofmost
12 years ago

I'm ordering cabinets this evening and my design includes an electric slide-in range. We want the flexibility of a second oven in addition to our existing wall oven/microwave combo. My KD thinks a cooktop and separate undercabinet oven is the way to go for a higher end look. We plan on staying in our home for many years, so I'm not concerned about resale. The slide-in would be replacing a very old Jenn-Air electric cooktop.

The store display of the undercabinet oven had a skin/filler around it. Maybe it was the display...but I thought it looked a bit slapped together.

Does anyone have an undercabinet oven with a cooktop and LOVE it? Besides being a personal preference, is there a benefit to one over the other? I think others on this forum have said that the undercabinet ovens are a bit lower than the ranges.

My other appliances are a Kenmore Elite wall oven/micro combo, Samsung fridge and a Bosch diswasher. I'm thinking about purchasing the GE Cafe slide-in or an Electrolux. Will the separate cooktop/undercabinet oven really elevate my kitchen look, or is my KD attempting to get me to spend more money?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm