SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katsmah

Finally found it, but I can't breath a sigh of relief yet

katsmah
13 years ago

We started the search for granite in the beginning of August and have visited just about every yard in Northern NJ multiple times. Three trips to the huge yard at All Granite (marble.com), one to Dente, two to Arena, two to Everest, three to Daltile, one to IGM, plus the smaller yards of 5 fabricators. Twice we found slabs that we liked, and both times the slabs were the last ones in their lots and couldn't be used because of issues with the slab.

I started dreading running around to the different yards every Saturday morning. BF was so passed that dread that I was surprised he would still come shopping with me. Last weekend, in desperation, I expanded the search to NY last week because I was starting to panic that I wouldn't have a counter top.

The fabricator in NY directed me to a small yard 3 miles from my house. We found a slab that we both really liked AND it was in the right price range! The last slab that they had of this granite is now on hold!!! With my name on it!! It is far nicer than the pictures show.

I feel like a huge weight has been partially lifted, but I don't think I will breathe easy until the installation in a few weeks.

I knew you folks would understand.

Comments (6)