SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bungalowdawn

How should you mount a fireclay sink (especially undermount)?

bungalowdawn
15 years ago

We're planning to install the Rohl Allia single bowl fireclay sink. It's an undermount - not a farmhouse. I was under the impression that you just used the sink clips to attach the sink to the granite/soapstone, along with the silicone adhesive.

Talking to a few potential fabricators, we're hearing different things. We've heard that you should build a plywood support box with legs going to the bottom of the sink cabinet. I've read about just running wood slats across from front to back on either side. I think our cabinet maker built these front to back supports resting on the cabinet box with this in mind (but they'll have to be largely cut away to fit the big sink in the just right cabinet base).

Long story short, I don't want this fancy fireclay sink falling on my head when I reach for the Dawn. So what is the standard for making it secure? Could you share pictures of your under sink area if you have a fireclay sink? Especially if it's an undermount - not farmhouse. I did find a post or two with farmhouse sinks pictured, but that may be a different animal.

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio