SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnny_gw

Sunny's bright and sunny finished kitchen! (pic heavy)

sunnny
13 years ago

We've been moved in for 3 weeks and we LOVE it. There aren't words to describe how much we love this new home and want to express our gratitude for those who offered advice and gave suggestions. We came from a 25 year old 1500 sq ft home to a 2135 sq ft in the country and we feel like it's a castle. We did some work ourselves and had a VERY small budget. When I designed the house I hoped for a peacefull place which we got plus so much more. It functions perfect for the way we live. The ONE thing I would have done (and several suggested it here) was add a foot of workspace to the baking side of the range but otherwise things flow and work well. We were running out of time and I caved in to the builder and DH. We were on a hard deadline because DH was leaving the country for a large International convention and his parents 50th wedding anniversary in France. As it turns out I closed and moved in 3 days AFTER he left. My children and I talked about waiting but as many of you know we sold or previous house much fast than anticipated and while we house hunted lived in our travel trailer THEN decided to build so after 10 months of camper life we moved in and had it waiting for my wonderful DH!

Moving and closing alone was a BIT STRESSFULL!!! :)

Here's just a little info:

~Counters: New Venetian Gold

~Backsplash: I have no idea but I saw the inset deco tile at a parade home and knew I wanted some so found the backsplash on sale so I could afford the deco tile.

~ Blanco brown silgranite sink which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and wouldn't have known about if not for this place.($235 at a local plumbing supply place) It was my big step out of my comfort zone because I didn't want stainless steel but heard the cast iron sinks aren't as good quality as the older ones.

~ Faucet: Price Pfister - which I LOVE ($235 from local plumbing place, too)

~ Custom cabinets - painted SW creamy and glazed with SW something or another! All adjustable shelves.

~ Hardware: Jim's Discount Hardware - found them at Canton Trades day - great quality and good price.

~ Never MT which I didn't know about until I came here!

~ Frigidaire gas range and microwave - much more powerful than what I had previously.

I am waiting on a new french door fridge but first I have to have landscaping so for now it is JUST fine. LOL

~ My DD and DH wanted the "pantry" door so I told DH if it was one of the true wood ones I'd agree.(I got most everything I wanted so I figured I could give in on this one and actually LIKE the door)

Paint - SW Koi Pond at 75%. Great color and it changes as the light changes which is nice.

I'm happy to share our pics!

I know this isn't a kitchen pic but it's where the whole design started.

A pic of the eating area. I'm going to refinish the hutch and our larger table to match the cabinets. DH gave me the hutch our first Christmas so I thought rather than buy a new one I will keep this one and re-do it. I will change the glass and hardware, too. HOPE it turns out well!

Thank you again!

Sunny

Comments (19)