SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_east_gw

Can you change your grout color?

nancy_east
15 years ago

Hello all,

I'm ready to be posting a photo of my finished kitchen at this point instead of asking questions about the daily headaches I'm having with various issues, but we're just not there yet! Today my backsplash was installed (3 x 6 subway tile with beveled edge) and to no fault of his own, our tile guy grouted it with the wrong grout color. It looks okay (it blends with the tile color), but I was going for the look of Soonermagic's kitchen with a more prounounced grey colored grout.

Our GC was very apologetic (it was basically the fault of the tile store who put the wrong grout in his order), but told me there there wasn't anything I could do about it now that it was finished. I've done a small amount of research and have seen something called grout colorant on a couple of websites. Is that something anyone has used and if it is, it is a major PITA to apply to a 1/16 grout line?

I can live with the way it looks as is, but it sure made me sad to see it wrong, considering just about every element of this "dream kitchen" has had an aesthetic hiccup that bugs me. I can deal with one set of hiccups, but I can't seem to get rid of them and it's starting to bum me out considering how much time and energy I have put into making this kitchen true to my original vision.

Any advice, as always, is most appreciated :)

Comments (14)