SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drewem_gw

Arabescato White-Quartzite Questions

drewem
11 years ago

We went to the stone yard today and saw a few slabs of Arabescato White. It's a quartzite, and it was honed. It didn't come in polished. They also had Super White, polished. The SW had a lot of gray in it. The AW had a little more interesting movement and more white to it. Both were instock and carried by the dealer, so no need to import from who knows where (they still will not disclose the location to me)

The one sample of Bianco Antico I saw from a different stone yard looked strange. The top and bottom were beautiful, but the middle looked like someone rubbed it wrong and just didn't turn out good. (if that makes any sense). The builder refuses to let me pick out my slab, so I'm afraid to go with the BA since each slab is so different. I don't want to be stuck with a horriable one that they couldn't sell to anyone else.

Did anyone install an Arabescato White? Do you have pictures of it you can share with me?

After reading Bee's thread with her Super White etching, I'm a little nervous about a quartzite. Has this been the case for other quartzite owners?

With 2 boys (6,8 yr) would a honed counter be the way to go?

Thanks for all of your help with these insane granite issues I've been having!

Comments (6)