SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

Progress pics and update

breezygirl
12 years ago

Celine asked me to post some progress pics.

Hardwood floors were installed almost two weeks ago, were stained yesterday, and are being polyed today. I was aiming for a warm brown without any red or yellow undertones. Wouldn't you know it...DH is on a business trip so I had to choose the stain alone. I've never done that before! And no, sadly, I didn't even have any friends/relatives available to come help me.

After some concern last night and today about the color not being warm enough, I decided to live with it on the advice of several on my other thread. (Thanks again.) I'm sure it'll be fine once the house is finished.

The kitchen floor looked like this early a.m. before poly went down.

Here's a pic of the second coat of poly being applied this afternoon in the family room. The floor looks warmer here than IRL.

This closer view of the mudroom floor is more yellow than in IRL.

All of my new interior and exterior doors are installed. New doors sure make a difference in a house! My carpenter has completed almost all of the trim work in the bedroom end of the house. When he returns on Monday, he'll start base and crown in the main part of the house where he couldn't work because of the wood floors. I thought I had some pics of doors and trim installed, but I don't.

Cab install is scheduled for mid-next week!! My cab maker is trying to finish the peninsula cabs and build some additional built-ins for the fireplace this week. I'll know a specific install date this weekend.

Marble templating is scheduled for Oct. 10. Still need to pick a top for my island. I'm strongly leaning towards wood, but need to find someplace or a way to do it under my $3K Elmwood Reclaimed Wood quote. This is research project #1.

Lighting choices need to be made. Peninsula pendants can wait, but I should order my island fixtures. I'm getting concerned again about my lighting plan after a few people doubted my choice and placement of those fixtures. Research project #2.

Paint!! ARGH!! I still need to pick paint for the master bedroom and for the entire public end of the house. My excuse of waiting for the floors to be in and stained won't fly any more. :-(

I need to schedule the trim and door painting and to find a new plumber, but I think we're on track to move back in late October. We moved out last Halloween so why not make it an even year? LOL!

Comments (49)