SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissap23

Help with kitchen design please? Pics included

MelissaP23
10 years ago

Hello! I am new here. I'd really appreciate any advice on our kitchen design. We've had a few quotes so far. The other designs basically kept the kitchen with the same design but widened the doorway a bit. The design attached here is our favorite so far but the other two contractors didn't think this idea made much sense. We really want a peninsula though, and I don't want to have it at the back in the eat-in area - because I don't think anyone would want to sit in there if it's closed off from the rest of the house.

In the photos of the actual kitchen, they are taken from the dining room doorway into the kitchen (that wall can be seen in the second photo). On the right side of the kitchen is the fridge, a narrow countertop/cabinet, the stove and then some upper cabinets. Further back just before the table is the entry to the laundry room.

Our goal here is to open up the floorplan as much as possible. But with the design of the kitchen, especially that back window, it seems we don't have many options. We don't need the eat-in area as we only really use the dining room. I also don't like the idea of blocking the window/view of the window partly with a cabinet (especially only on one side). Thanks so much for any info or advice!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH