SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittu

Your thoughts? Sink shape? Island shape?

Britt
13 years ago

Hi again (for the millionth time - thanks for your patience). So with good feedback and lots of post reading I've concluded that the prep sink ought to be at the rangetop end of the sink.

Now - what shape for the sink and island?

We have a curved staircase at one end of the kitchen so the island has to get narrower there somehow. I don't like a straight cut - that's what our current island has and we're tired of it. So I thought of two island shape options: bowed and rectangular with curve at the end.

Bowed is nice symetry wise. I might need to bow it more to get the island narrower on the stair end.

Curved one end bugs me a little but... I could run the cabinet all the way across at the range top end if I wanted.

Now for sink shape...

I'd like a rectangle but... I was thinking that it would be best if the faucet could be mounted diagonally so you can use the sink from either corner. Does round look ok? Any other ideas? That little dot is my mock up of faucet placement :-).

We could also just forget the prep sink entirely. We'll have a nice stages sink for the main sink anyway. Anybody think that's the best idea?

Thanks for any help!!!

Comments (5)