SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilaine_gw

High backsplash from cove molding on solid surface countertop.

ilaine
10 years ago

First, let me say that my father installed Corian in his kitchen in 1973, and it still looks great, in my opinion. Back in those days the colors were limited, he got what is now called Glacier White, and I would be very happy to have that look in my own kitchen. No granite for me.

I know I want the cove molded backsplash, I think it looks very clean and sanitary, but my question is, how high can the fabricators make the backsplash? The distance from the countertop to the bottom of the cabinets is about 18 inches.

This would solve a big problem for me, namely that the current backsplash is made from really ugly tile, which needs to come out. When it does, since the person who remodeled it before we bought it glued it directly to the sheetrock, it's gonna leave an ugly mess. We are looking at taking down the cabinets and replacing the sheetrock and the tile.

Since we are going for the cove molding anyway, why not just cover the whole wall with the Corian backsplash? (Might not be your cup of tea, but works for me, if it can be done.)

Comments (10)