SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexisls

BlueStar vs. Double Oven

alexisls
12 years ago

As I've been planning my kitchen reno, I've been lurking here a lot - what a great resource!

I'm getting down to the final details and here's my question: I was convinced I wanted a double oven gas range when I replace the crappy landlord-grade stove that was in the house when we bought it. But then I got seduced by the gorgeousness of the BlueStar range (so many colors!). The sensitive and even-heating burners look great, but it's the super-duper broiler that really sold me.

But now I'm wondering if I should really give up on the double oven. The one I've been looking at is the GE Cafe, the model with the big oven on the bottom and a smaller one on top (not the one with big oven on top and a warming drawer on the bottom).

I cook a lot - both stove top and roasting/baking. And I actually use the broiler a fair amount (so this seems like it would be a real step up from the generally wimpy and uneven broilers I've used in the past).

So, do you folks with double ovens out there use them both at the same time a lot? Anyone with the GE Cafe who can tell me about the broiler? And for the BlueStar owners, are you happy with the broiler and the oven?

Thanks!!!

Comments (4)