SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sqp1015

Deciding between 2 layouts - Please help

sqp1015
11 years ago

Hi again - last month I thought we had really & truly nailed down the layout for our kitchen gut-expansion-complete-remodel, with much cumulative help from this forum, but we just don't feel completely ready. May I ask for another round of opinions?

Our latest plan resulted from the suggestion by lavender lass (Hi, LL - hope things are getting better!) to move the induction cooktop to our island. Logically, this makes sense: gets cooktop, oven below, fridge, & prep sink/area close together. But DH & I just have not been able to envision our first & only (we hope) new kitchen with an island vent hood! We're going for a Craftsman/bungalow-inspired feel in a home that dates from about the 1920's-30's, and while we're not going for a period-perfect look, we don't want a sleek stainless/glass hood hovering above our soapstone-topped QS white oak. Even the fancy copper hoods we've looked at just seem too intrusive to us. So, we went back & did some massaging of our previous plan, & would REALLY appreciate some feedback from the GW gurus of layout wisdom!

Here's the layout version with the island cooktop:

From Kitchen Interior Elevations

Here's the version with cooktop not on island:

From Kitchen Interior Elevations

And here for reference is our current entire ground floor layout:

From Drop Box

Just to summarize - it's just husband & me at home, I'm only cook, no kids/grandkids/pets, we don't want any sink in front of window on wall "B", and I want to be able to do prep while standing at island facing the eating/fireplace/TV area.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (18)