SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tulip6_gw

another layout question and my first post

tulip6
13 years ago

This is my first question on kitchen forums but I have been doing a lot of reading here. I am working on a floorplan for our new house. Since my kitchen is a good part of the reason for the move and probably the most important room in my house I figured I should start there with the design. I found a floor plan that I love the kitchen, mud/utility, dining, breakfast and great room. The rest needs work so I left it off. I wanted to poll the experts to see if there is anything that I am not seeing/considering that would make this kitchen not as useful as I think it will be. My spouse and I both work in the kitchen, often at the same time. I like that the clean up and prep areas are totally separate from the cooking area. I like that the cooking area isnÂt in any traffic flow areas. I like the pantry and the butler pantry. I think I like the "bar" area into the great room so that it isnÂt completely open nor completely closed off. Can anybody point out any flaws in my thinking or cons that they see? If I am going to design my entire floorplan around this kitchen I want to make sure I am considering everything. Thanks!!

{{!gwi}}">

Comments (10)