SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanpn

wall oven next to fridge?

susanpn
15 years ago

Hi, I am new here but way fun reading as we embark on building a new house. I am working on the kidchen design and the kitchen guy, who I really like and also trust, really is encouraging me to put the wall oven cabinet right next to the fridge (will be in cabinet also) that will be at the end of the counter. He says looks wise it will keep all the tall things together to make a cleaner line for the other cabinets and counters. I am ok with energy wise doing this as I've looked into it and it seems to be a non-issue, but esthetically I just don't think it's all that pleasing. I am also having a hard time finding photos of such an arrangement. If anyone has this set-up in their kitchen I'd love to see a photo. I like oven walls next to the cooktop with the fridge on the other side of the cooktop (with appropriate counter space on both sides of the cooktop of course). The plan right now looks like this:

There will be an island opposite the fridge wall, the kitchen is a U-shape and the sink is on the bottom of the U; a peninsula with appliance garage, counterspace and glass door upper cabinets on the one side of the U; and the fridge/oven cab/counter/cooktop on the other side.

Any thoughts/photos anyone cares to share greatly appreciated!!

THANKS!!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH