SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie1218

brick look tile other than daltile union square?

Julie Clevenger
13 years ago

i posted this in flooring and haven't heard anything yet, so i thought i'd try kitchens, as that is where i read the most about brick floors.

these forums have been such a blessing to me as i try to figure out what in the world to do with my floors. i am trying to achieve a cottage/country/old fashioned look and have picked out a nice wood but what do in my laundry room? thanks to this site, i discovered brick floors and then daltile union square tiles. funny that i had seen these many times and thought they looked beautiful but thought they were only for outside and people would think it's "weird" to have them inside. this site proved that idea wrong, and i was thrilled.

BUT, with only 4 color choices, the union square is not "just right" with my wood which is medium but really gold-toned. are there any other brands? i am in a bit of time crunch and don't really want to ship in vintage chicago brick or something like that. plus, everything else that i've seen on line (from what looks like small custom places) is LOTS more expensive than daltile. is there some readily available (i live in the dallas area) from mass producers (like daltile)? i've searched gardenweb and while daltile union square is heartily recommended as a brick floor, nothing else is.

last, if you have union square, i'd love to see a picture and know what grout color you recommend. if i can't find something better with my wood, i am going to go with the red color because it looks so much like old bricks. thanks so much!!

Comment (1)